This is a stand alone module designed specifically for:
IPAF instructors or potential IPAF instructors.
The course is intended to give the necessary background knowledge to enable them to deliver the IPAF Harness Training Course.
IPAF Instructors completing this module will also be considered to be competent in the thorough examination of harnesses and lanyards for use in a MEWP.
COURSE SYLLABUS Theory
· Be aware of the relevant Health and Safety Legislation.
· Be aware of the importance of selecting the appropriate Personal Fall Protection Equipment of the task and environment.
· Be able to identify and select the correct form of Personal Fall Protection Equipment for use in a Mobile Elevated Work Platform.
· Be able to inspect and maintain harnesses and lanyards.
· Have an awareness of the design and manufacturing process for harnesses and lanyards. Practical
· Be able to fit and use the harness and lanyard identified.
· Witness static and dynamic testing of Personal Fall Protection Equipment
EQUIPMENT COVERED DURING TRAINING
· Full Body Harnesses
· Work Restraint Lanyards
· Fall Arrest Lanyards
· Retractable Type Fall Arresters (Fall Arrest Blocks)
All candidates will carry out a multiple-choice test covering the key points of the course. If a candidate gets a total score of less than 80% then the trainer will explore the candidates’ knowledge of the topic. Where the candidate has a good understanding of the topic the result may be amended.
Details of other assessment methods During the course of the day the candidates will be continually verbally assessed by the trainer using working examples and scenarios to determine the delegates understanding of a specific topic. In addition to the test carried out in the morning session, all delegates will be monitored by the trainer throughout the practical session. Any concerns will be addressed by delegate and trainer on a continual basis.
The trainer will use practical tasks to assess the delegates competence and understanding.